10 Phoenix Summer AC Tips for Residents of AZ – AFR DynamicsApril 30, 2019
In summer days when the air temperature and humidity in the air are very high, the air conditioning becomes an indispensable part of our life. If the weather has started to warm up in Phoenix, it means that the air conditioning season has arrived for residents. Air conditioning is the most significant assistant in these periods when we flee from the heat and take shelter in closed areas. So, how right do we use the air conditioner in AZ? In this article, we will focus on what to pay attention to when using air conditioning in summer months. Thanks to our suggestions related to AC tips in AZ, you will be able to protect your air conditioner while cooling and also save energy. In these hot months, we all resort to air conditioners more often to cool off. These non-luxury air-conditioning devices can make you suffer if you do not follow AC tips in AZ from installation to use.
AC tips for Summer in AZ
Summer months are the most common use of air conditioners in Phoenix considering the weather conditions for residents. As the prices of air conditioning fell, it became possible to see the air conditioning in almost every home In summer, if you don’t want to stay without air conditioning follow AC tips in AZ stated below:
- Install your air conditioners to authorized service centers. The installation service of technicians trained in the subject matter will be a suitable application rather than the applications of untrained people.
- Have periodic maintenance and checks to improve the performance of the air conditioner. You should remember to clean your air conditioner especially before the summer months start.
- Adjust the settings of the air conditioner according to summer conditions. The ambient temperature should be set in summer is 7 -8C lower than the outside temperature. For example, the temperature of your air conditioner should be 28 – 27 degrees at an outdoor temperature of 35 degrees.
- The air cleaning filters should be cleaned at regular intervals.
You can have air conditioners that do not leave you in the summer during the installation and usage, taking into account the seller and authorized service recommendations in the product manual. The air conditioner should be used for changing/stabilizing the ambient temperature (and supporting the model) for dehumidification by fan/blow. Other than its purpose, for example, drying, food/beverage should not be used for cooling/heating.
No objects should be placed to prevent flow to the air inlet and outlet of both the indoor unit and the outdoor unit. Air conditioning should be avoided as much as possible in the summer.
Important to use air conditioners at the right temperature at room
To cool off, we try to keep the air conditioners as low as possible, and when we feel the room is too cold, we turn off the air conditioner. An example of one of these is widespread mistakes. You should generally use your air conditioners in a setting that is close to the ideal room temperature. According to international standards, the comfort temperature defined for the human body varies according to many parameters from the climate zone to usage habits. Each degree below this will cause roughly 5% more energy to be consumed.
Try to choose the dehumidification mode
Due to the drying effect of the air conditioners, health professionals recommend that people working under the air conditioner consume more liquid. It is also essential to pay attention to the use of night air conditioning. In our night room, you can wake up in a clogged way when you have the air conditioner turned on. For these reasons, we recommend operating the air conditioners in the dehumidification mode, especially when you sleep. It can also save on electricity bills by consuming less energy.
What to Consider While Using the Air Conditioner in summer
As a result, an air conditioner is an electrical appliance, which means that you may be damaged if you ignore what you should be aware of when using the air conditioner.
What are AC tips in AZ to consider when using air conditioners to minimize the risk?
- When the air conditioner is operating in cooling mode, water droplets may form inside the unit due to hot air in the environment and cold air in the air conditioner. You should not put your electronic devices under the air conditioner considering the risk of the water flow of the air conditioner.
- Do not open the interior for any reason such as maintenance while the air conditioner is running.
- Do not touch the air conditioner with wet hands.
- In the event of a power failure, you must turn off the air conditioning fuse.
- In case of any damage to the air conditioning cables, you should switch off the air conditioner and then contact the authorized service.
- You should switch off the air conditioner and ventilate the room if there is unusual sound or odor from the gas leak or air conditioner.
- Do not approach the air conditioner with flammable or explosive substances. You should not keep these items near the air conditioner.
What are AC tips in AZ to Consider To Get More Efficiency From Air Conditioner?
If you run your air conditioner correctly, you can get higher efficiency and thus save on air conditioning. To get the most out of your device to use the air conditioner to pay attention to the following aspects:
- Do not cover the air outlet points of your air conditioner with products such as cloth and lace. It can prevent air intake to the air conditioner.
- You should regularly clean the filter of your air conditioner. On the other hand, this cleaning is also essential for the quality of the air you breathe.
- You should have your air conditioning maintenance done once a year.
- You should prevent the wind from coming directly into the indoor unit of your air conditioner and the outdoor unit mounted outside your home. Otherwise, your device may be affected by heat and its efficiency may be reduced.
- You should not open the window and door of the room when the air conditioner is operating. It makes it difficult to reach the temperature you want in the field and causes you to consume more energy.
- If your air conditioner has an energy saving mode, you can use this feature to keep energy consumption to a minimum
For residents who want to know AC tips in AZ in the summer, we should say that they must take into account the cooling features. When the summer air conditioner should be operated, we can say that the temperature should be determined according to the outdoor temperature in Phoenix. It should be noted that while reducing the temperature of the air conditioner, each degree increases electricity consumption by 10%. We can also save energy by keeping the air flow rate of the air conditioner higher than necessary. Air conditioning temperature values should not exceed 24 – 23 degrees. In summer we should choose models with high performance, which can cool down independently of the ambient conditions of the heating environment when determining the temperature for the use of air conditioners. But if you will have problems, that cannot fix yourself use the professional AC repair service provider.